Theologian of the Cross

About Me

My photo
Cookeville, TN, United States
I teach humanities at Highland Rim Academy in Cookeville, Tennessee. I am also licensed to preach in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

Links

Audio Resources

Blogs I Read

League of Reformed Bloggers

Homespun Bloggers

Thursday, October 05, 2006

My First Day of School!

The first day of the academic term proper at Cambridge University was a good day. I attended one lecture, for my course The Letters of Paul. It was quite good, for the lecturer was Prof. G. N. Stanton, the head of the Cambridge Faculty of Divinity. Today's lecture, titled "Paul: Hero or Villain," was an introduction to Paul and some ways Paul has been viewed throughout church history.

After the lecture, which lasted from noon to 1:00, I met with a professor of the Faculty of Classics to discuss the Greek reading class I will be taking. The first class is tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. GMT.

In the evening was the annual formal matriculation dinner at Homerton in the Great Hall (which appears similar to the dining hall of Hogwarts in Harry Potter). It was good food and fun, and I met some swell new friends.