Theologian of the Cross

About Me

My photo
Cookeville, TN, United States
I teach humanities at Highland Rim Academy in Cookeville, Tennessee. I am also licensed to preach in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

Links

Audio Resources

Blogs I Read

League of Reformed Bloggers

Homespun Bloggers

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A New Post

Hey, this is a new post. I've been terribly busy recently. Normally, I have two essays due each week (1x 1500 word, 1x 3000 word). Last week, however, I had three essays due (2x 1500 words, 1x 3000 word). This week, I have the normal two essays due (one of which I finished today).

I'm playing lots of table tennis here at Cambridge. I joined the CU Table Tennis Club (though I'm not nearly good enough to play on the CU team), and I'm on the Homerton College table tennis team (which I am good enough to play on). The Homerton team is in a league with the other 30 individual Cambridge colleges. The Homerton College team has played twice so far this term: first against St. Catherine's College, and then against Robinson College. We won both competitions: 5-4 against St. Catherine's and 6-3 against Robinson. Against St. Catherine's, I personally went 2-1, and then I went 1-2 against Robinson. There are three players per team, and each player plays each of the other team's players once (so there are 9 matches per competition). Each match is best of five games—although, if both teams wish to shorten the competition, they may agree to only play best of three games (this was the case at our second competition). On the CU Table Tennis Club, I am, however, on the club "ladder" (although I happen to be last, since I was the last person to join the ladder. You can even see my name on the CUTTC website here. Visit the main page for the Cambridge University Table Tennis Club website. You can see the rules and everything. (I can only think of one or two people who would be interested in all this.)

I must now go to a theology supervision ("The Shaping of Modern Theologians"), but I'll be back with another post soon.