Theologian of the Cross

About Me

My photo
Cookeville, TN, United States
I teach humanities at Highland Rim Academy in Cookeville, Tennessee. I am also licensed to preach in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church.

Links

Audio Resources

Blogs I Read

League of Reformed Bloggers

Homespun Bloggers

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A God-Glorifying Friday

An amazing Friday evening it was. I evangelized with several others (especially the beautiful Amy Shoemyer, my girlfriend), and God was glorified. Amy and I engaged in two lengthy discussions. Each discussion was with a middle-aged, black homeless man, and each discussion involved us buying a slice of pizza for the homeless man. Our first lengthy conversation was with a man named Jeremy. Claiming to be homeless, Jeremy asked for money. Of course, I don't give out money, and so I proposed that I buy him a slice of pizza from Joe's Pizza. He accepted, and so, having gone there and bought the pizza, Amy and I sat with him while he ate and presented the gospel. In the end, Jeremy said he wasn't ready to give up living for himself and throw himself before Jesus, although he had listened and was impressively amiable. I prayed with Jeremy before we parted ways.

The second lengthy conversation was with a man named Lou. Actually, I'd met and talked to Lou previously, several months before. Like Jeremy, Lou also agreed to let me buy him pizza. Having done this and brought it to him, I presented the gospel to him while he ate. He had heard the gospel many times before in similar situations. In the end, Lou said that, although he had already accepted Jesus, he had not been living the way he ought. He said that he had been experiencing much hardship recently. Before Lou and we departed, I prayed with him, for him.

As I'm typing this post, I'm very tired. And so, I'm going to bed now, but I may elaborate on this bare-bones post tomorrow or Monday. Good night.